Minor Stuff · Uncategorized

Champaign Visit v8.0

     So, let’s start with Monday (a week ago today, the 6th). My grandma had a Labor Day party. It was pretty normal. We watched Mystic River. It was pretty weird. I don’t know if I’d want to buy it, because it’s not M. Night Shyamalan twist-quality. Many of his films aren’t even up to that caliber.

     On Tuesday and Wednesday (until 2am) I hung out with Jen. We went to Zippy’s for dinner, and then we went to Petsmart. Explain to me why, after Jen works at Petsmart all day, she wants to go to another Petsmart!? Because, as she would say, she’s a freak of nature. We had fun, we looked at the fuzzy aminals and such. After that we went to my house and I finished my scarf. I gave this one to my dad. I started on a hat for Alan and another scarf for myself.

     I left for Alan’s on Thursday. We barbequed with his neighbor Rob, Becky and Alex, then I went to improv and he went to play hockey. Most of them were surprised to see me, which was cool. I had a lot of fun playing the games, and then we went to TGI Friday’s. I forgot how much fun improv was. I don’t know how I ever did without it. I’ll have to come up on Thursdays more often.

     On Friday we watched X-Men 2 and went grocery shopping at Schnucks. Djenia made us Borscht. I’d never had it before, but I was pleasantly surprised. I didn’t like practically anything that went in it individually (including beets and sour cream), but together, it tasted pretty good. It reminded me of vegetable soup. Djenia, however, was convinced that he had left out something, since it didn’t taste the same as he was used to. Alan & I also made chicken on the George Foreman grill, which came out better than any chicken I’ve had in the past year, at least. After that, Alan, Djenia, Becky and I watched Con Air. I had forgotten how simple this movie is, in terms of the action and acting. I was amused, but I wouldn’t pay to watch this movie again. Aside from the bunny parts, (“Put… the bunny… back… in the box.”) it was forgettable. Nicholas Cage’s accent was atrocious.

     I slept for less than 4 hours that night. Alan insisted on playing computer games after that was over. We went to sleep at 4am. I had a hell of a time falling asleep in the first place, since my stomach was giving me a lot of grief. At 4:30am, I was woken up by fireworks. At 5am, I was woken up by Alan’s cell phone getting a wrong number. I woke up (from the alarm) at 9am so I could go to the Krannert Center’s sale with Lexi. That sale sucked, since some theater group came in early (before we were allowed in) and bought practically everything. All of their stuff had been thrown out by a change of management at a storage center. At 11am, I went to sleep again.

     We all woke up at 2pm, and Alan, Djenia and I made breakfast. We had pancakes, sausages, and “Djenia’s Crazy Pasta-Eggs.” What’s that you ask? Well, it’s scrambled eggs, plus diced tomatoes, other vegetables, and pasta noodles. It’s surprisingly appetizing. After “breakfast,” I went to the mall with Sara. I got fabulous deals. Five Gap thongs for $9.99, a nice pair of black shoes for my suit for $10, and a *nice* martini shaker with two glasses for $12.95. That night, Alan made shrimp stir fry. It came out pretty well, but he was disappointed by “how much it tastes like shrimp.” I think he’s just really used to red meat.

     That night, I had to try out my martini shaker, so we went to Schnucks and I bought lime juice and cranberry juice to make Cosmopolitans. I modified the recipe a little (instead of 1 1/2 ounces of vodka and 1/2 ounce of triple sec, I made them with 2 ounces of Skyy Citrus), so they were mondo-strong. I had four. I enjoyed it. The shaker works fantastic; all of my ingredients were warm, but once I shook them with the ice, they were perfectly chilled. Djenia made a hat out of the network cables. He had one of my cosmopolitans, too.

     Sunday afternoon, Alan made me breakfast (pancakes and sausage) before I left. Once I left, however, I ran into a bunch of problems. (1) I forgot my puppy poster and brought Alan’s apartment key home with me. I had to wake up at 8am today to ship it back to him. (2) Sunday evening I had dinner at Chili’s with Renee, Michelle and Jessica to “meet” this guy Renee wants to date and has been talking over IM with for months. She got way too nervous and therefore drinks herself obnoxious, makes all of the guys’ friends hate her, then pukes in the bathroom. I had to carry her to her car (and Michelle drove her home). (3) When I changed Brian’s water using the siphon hose, I got a mouthful of dirty fish water. (4) I tried to sync my phone with Outlook (for contacts phone numbers and calendar items). It duplicated many birthdays and fabricated the rest. Apparently it had issues with birthdays that have two digit days (for example, my mom’s birthday 3/31/54 became 1/1/70). In addition to this, it added contacts such as “& Carolyn Marlowe, Dan.” Grr.

     So, today I woke up at 8:30 and went to the post office to mail Alan’s key. After that, I came home and “solved” the case problem with my cousin’s computer. I will never order from eCost.com again. They said, “We emailed you the RA (RMA) number but your spam blocker rejected it.” I told them I don’t have a spam blocker (which isn’t wholly true; my spam blocker just puts it in other folders that I check). They said, “The email we sent the RA number in got bounced back to us.” Why didn’t they call, then, I wonder. I had to call them THREE times in order to get this thing “solved.” I decided to return for a refund instead of a new case from them, because I thought that they would just break the new case in shipping again. They assured me that I wouldn’t have to pay the restocking fee. I ordered a new case from newegg.com. This case was about five dollars more expensive, but it should be comparable quality and airflow, not to mention I like the design better.

     [Job update] I have posted my resume on monster in addition to career builder, and I have been getting about three to five MLM scams in my email every day. I’m really getting sick of this. At least, on monster, they have a lot more jobs posted, so I have more to choose from when picking where to apply. I applied to Coleman, which makes camping supplies, and I especially hope that they will give me an interview. It would be an interesting job, and it is with stuff that I have more experience with than the average applicant.

     Now, it took me an hour to write this post. I’m starving, and I have a lot more to do today. Hopefully a nap will be included in that. If I don’t post again soon, hit me with a rock.

Feeling: Exhausted

Listening to: Jack Black – Let’s Get it On